Do you want to spend more time in summer, swimming in your pool? But, It takes time to maintain a clean pool for swimming. Right? If you are from one of those 7.2 million homeowners who have a private pool, then we know the answer is “YES.” Though owning an pool is a privilege, the majority of pool owners cannot afford to employ one for cleaning their pool. We are then left to deal with the dirty pool to eliminate the debris, leaves, and other unsightly waste by our own selves.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your pool is not simply an aesthetic advantage of crystal clear water. Keeping your pool clean for your family is not only hygienic but also does great help to save water. It also preserves energy and increases the life of the filters and pumps of your pool. So, You will need to have the best cleaner to maintain a crystal clean pool without hiring anybody and save your time and effort of cleaning.
The suitable pool cleaner can save your day by cleaning your pool within a short time, requiring very little effort. There are hundreds of cleaners available in the market. How will you choose the perfect cleaner among them?
We have made this work easy for you by reviewing the 5 best automatic pool cleaners. Also, our buying guide will give you some direction while buying the best pool cleaner for your swimming pool.
If you are specially concern about cleaning pool leaves, then, check out our article about suitable pool vacuum for leaves.
Carry on reading to see the full list of the Best In-ground Pool Cleaners, Or jump straight to our number #1 Amazon pick here.
What Should I Look for in an Inground Pool Cleaner?
What type of cleaner you should buy depends on a number of things such as the type of your pool, its features, and the type of cleanliness you want. Also, it depends a lot on the cleaner type and how much your inground pool will match to the cleaner. Here are some of the important things that you should look for before buying one.
Manual vs robotic
Manual cleaners are significantly cheaper but need more grunt work. It is best suited to small swimming pools and backyard pools. A robotic in ground cleaner is a much more efficient solution for getting crystal clear water, whether you have a bigger pool or are short on time.
There are two primary types of automatic in-ground pool cleaners: suction-side and pressure-side. Pressure-side cleaners add water pressure to flow along the sides of the pool and the bottom to gather soil and waste in a bag. These cleaners are suitable for branches, leaves, and larger waste. Suction-side in-ground cleaners are best for gravel, sand, and smaller particles and also attach to the filtering mechanism on your pool.
Many people ignore the effects their filters have on the efficiency of their cleaner. The efficiency of your filter basket is very important when using a suction-side model for the quality of cleaning up of your pool. For your pressure-side and robotic cleaners, the consistency of the filters that you use significantly affects the ratio of the cleanliness of your inground pool.
Some brands come with filters and can be traded to do the cleaner work with algae and thin dust or clean up larger scraps like leaves and sticks. Some of the filters attempt to be a one-size-all solution but fight with big or tiny debris that can lead to blockage.
The easiest way to get the correct filter is to analyze your pool's most of the debris and pick a brand of filters which are the best with the debris that you usually notice.
Type Of Pool
Some pool cleaners are intended for both above ground and pools, but some are equipped for only one or the other pools. Some often hit corners better than others, so it is necessary to think about the shape of your pool.
Here are our top 5 pool cleaners for Inground pool at a glance
#1: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic (Best Robotic)
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic is our first pick, and also, it is the best automatic pool cleaner in the market.
- IntelliScan Navigation: In comparison to the original Nautilus, the Dolphin Nautilus Plus has an onboard navigation system known as IntelliScan. This equipped navigation system with Dolphin Nautilus Plus is the market-leading feature of Dolphin, which will help you to clean your pool more thoroughly within less time.
- Dual Filters: An onboard dual filter system is used by the Dolphin Nautilus Plus to search for pool water. It just takes the collection bag to be emptied until it's full.
- Patented Swivel Cables: When the control cord snaps, the cleaning is stopped, and a robotic cleaner can be harmed. To overcome this problem, Dolphin comes with a patented swivel cable that holds clear of the device and avoids tangles.
Why Choose Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus?
- The robotic Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is fitted with a wide sixty-foot cord that allows it to cover distant points of several pools in excess of 20'x40' of an ideal inground pool.
- This cleaner has two distinct types of filters: Pleated polyester fiber for collecting sand, soil, and grain and a mesh screen for removing larger particles.
- Its small, lightweight design allows the walls and floors of the swimming pool to be washed and even the shelves that most cleaners neglect.
By vacuuming and sweeping your pool in less than three hours, Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 pressure can be the best. Coming with a lot of superb features and benefits, it will be a worthy investment as the perfect pool cleaner.
- Intelligence Operation: The design and quality of their products is a concern of the Zodiac brand. It achieves so by incorporating a smart operation, which ensures you can leave the machine without oversight to clean your pool.
- Chamber Bag: The chamber bag removes garbage before it hits the filter system of your swimming pool, which is further expanded by this intelligence operation. It means you can expand the life of the machine.
- Backup Valve: This cleaner comes with a backup valve that must be present in all the cleaners.
- Long Tail: It is fitted with a tail that helps minimize stains on the floor. Its long tail pins over different parts of the indoor pool, like the wall, to provide you a clean spot.
Why Choose Polaris Vac-Sweep 280?
- This will clean both walls and floors of your pool.
- This automatic pool cleaner can be used without any kind of supervision.
- Because of the configuration of the special wheels, this cleaner has an adequate grip. It is also a cleaner that we recommend you for vinyl, bricks, artillery, and concrete swimming pools.
#3: Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side (Best Suction)
The Zodiac MX6, the automatic suction in-ground pool cleaner, with its cyclonic suction and proprietary low-flow design, is just outstanding.
- Compact and Efficient: Zodiac MX6 is lightweight and has a compact size. It can glide across your pool’s water without any trouble because of its low-flow design. Its dimension is 40.1 x 9 x 14.6 inches.
- Saves A Good Amount Of Energy: You do not have to think about your utilities with this device as it is very energy-efficient, technologically advanced.
- Vacuum With Immense Power: Zodiac MX6's cyclonic suction is one of the most important characteristics that help it to stand differentiable from other pool cleaners.
- Swiveling Hoses: One of the major advantages that Zodiac MX6 will have for its users is user-friendly. This was achieved by having swiveling hoses to be attached easily and seamlessly.
Why Choose Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side?
- In fact, MX6 has a number of potential reasons which make it an intelligent choice for homeowners. It uses very little energy first and still has an incredible vacuum capacity in a system.
- Secondly, it works on the basis of the current pump and removes the need to independently purchase an extra pool pump.
- Climbing walls are also worth mentioning as it is one of the most prominent features.
- For the ergonomic handle of this cleaner, you can also comfortably keep it, making it more user friendly.
- It demands a low flow of water, and even when its speed becomes lower, it can stand efficiently.
The Dolphin Premier Robotic could be the model for you if you're looking for the best pool cleaner, and the budget doesn't matter. Every in-ground cleaner brand has a top model that is always high performing, and Premier Robotic pool cleaner is it for Dolphin.
- Swappable Filter Media: This is one of Dolphin Premier's most innovative features, which distinguishes it from all other robot pool cleaners currently on the marketplaces. It is not offered by anyone else.
- SmartNav: This includes SmartNav software for leading your pool to the best cleaning course. SmartNav checks all surfaces of your pool and determines which route to navigate.
- Anti-Tangle Swivel Cable: A twisted cable is one of the most daunting challenges to experience with all robotic pool cleaners. These cables can stop your cleaner and, worse, compel you to keep an eye on the issue continuously. An anti-tangle swivel cable is fitted with the Dolphin Premier to solve this issue.
- HyperGrip Continuous Rubber Tracks: The Dolphin Premier is an animal while in the water. And over vertical walls, it will move slowly. The explanation is that, instead of wheels, this cleaner uses HyperGrip continuous rubber tracks.
- PowerClean Brushes: Two high-speed, turning brushes are used by the Dolphin Premier to get little wastes and algae from the walls and floor of your pool.
Why Choose Dolphin Premier Robotic?
- By switching out its filter card media, Dolphin Premiere can be adapted to any cleaning necessity.
- The SmartNav software prevents the cleaner from keeping cleaning spots that have been cleaned before, which is a huge waste of time and resources.
- The swivel cable will spin at a complete 360° as the cleaner goes around in your pool. The 60-foot swivel cable of this cleaner is made of thermoplastic rubber that decreases friction displacement and increases water movement.
- This retains a stable foundation through the purification period by using tracks. These tracks grip the surface closely to counter any water-related loss of friction.
- In the cleaner position of this cleaner, the brushes will penetrate deep within the tub, every inch of the floor, the waterline by means of the on-board software.
The "Great White" gets it all and, from vinyl to fiberglass, cleans almost every substance out there. Let it go into your pool, and the result will impress you.
- Smarttrac Programmed Steering System: Typically, proprietary technology is visible to assist the method of operating a cleaner, so no human aid is required. Pentair GW9500 has a programmed steering system Smartrac, with complicated and great action on the surface and without leaving any space untouched.
- Perfect Shape: The rectangular 15-inch way allows for the fastest possible clearance of the pool surface. The path for the proper cleaning, which comes with only a moveable component for years at the same time, is beautifully designed.
- Efficient Bristle Brush Mechanism: The bristle brush system is added to this cleaner, and the brushes are built to clean dirt from the surface of the pool. It is also effective for all sorts of pools, including vinyl, pistons, and fiberglass at the same time.
Why Choose Pentair GW9500 Kreepy Krauly?
- The Bristle Brush system of this cleaner will help you to extract all the soil dust from your cleaner.
- Under the limit of your budget, this is the best pool cleaner for pool. This cleaner does not have much equipment but what it has to clean your pool is just effective and wonderful.
- This pool cleaner can be rolled over the ladders, close corners, and all kinds of sudden obstacles of your in ground pool cleaner that is unknown to you. That makes it the best in-ground pool cleaner.
- The process of the Smartrac programmed steering system is very fast, and so is the output.
- The pool cleaner is fitted with the mighty vacuum sweeps, which removes and cleans all the waste.
Are you on a Budget? You can try these:
Do you want to buy a good pool cleaner but can't afford the expensive ones? Then do not worry. If the pool cleaners we mentioned above are not in your budget, you can try these two budget in ground pool cleaners that we have reviewed below. You may want an inexpensive automated pool cleaner, which can primarily clean your inground pool. So, we have reviewed the cheap pool cleaners that do not lie on the bottom when the dirt rises around them. Let's have a look.
Budget Product #1: XtremepowerUS 75037 Climb Wall Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Vacuum-Generic
This replication is a great alternative to a Kreepy Krauly suction pool cleaner. The efficiency in the pool is also above average. It is really easy to run. Let us take its best characteristics into account.
- Cheap setup: It operates without pump boosters and electrical connection.
- Easy to install: No need for additional tools.
- It will clean up to 16 x 32 ft of your pool.
- Minimum requirements: It needs a minimum of 3/4 HP swimming pool pump for proper functionality.
- This suction pool cleaner can be attached easily to your existing filtration system of the pool.
Westbay Seahawk suction cleaners are the cheapest automatic cleaners of the pool to alleviate the duty of brushing and manual vacuuming of your pool. Here are some of the best features of Westbay Seahawk cleaner:
- Westbay Seahawk automatic pool cleaner easily removes sand, gravel, leaves, and debris from all pool surfaces, keeping the pool clean and smooth.
- It is safe for all types of inground pool surfaces.
- The Seahawk has reinvented the suction pool cleaner with operating technologies from Baracuda and Kreepy.
- You just have to gather the hoses and connect to the skimmer. Then the pool cleaner will begin to vacuum your pool immediately.
What is the best inground pool cleaner?
All the vacuum cleaners listed in this review works great with pools. However, you can blindly go for One-button Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner for popular pool vacuum, please, read more brief reviews about pool vacuum cleaners here. Find more about this cleaner in detailed reviews above.
What is the best robotic inground pool cleaner?
Robotic pool cleaners are a huge investment, but they are worth it to the majority of the people. It is good to take a while to choose the qualities other than the price tag if you want to get the best value on your next purchase. You will not have a good value for your purchase if your robotic pool cleaner doesn't meet the requirements of your liking, regardless of the price.
We have already reviewed the best robotic cleaner at the first option of our review list, which is Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner.
Can robotic pool cleaners be left in the pool?
The robotic pool cleaners are designed to be put in your pool for two hours. It cleans all the sorts, sands, and leaves from the walls and floors of your pool by roaming in a random pattern around your pool. It needs to be put once or twice a week in the pool according to its design.
Cleaning might be the biggest problem you will feel with the robotic pool cleaner. That means you have to clean your robotic pool cleaner. Every time you clean your whole pool with a robotic cleaner, you must have to clean it. So, it is recommended to remove your robotic pool cleaner frequently in order to remove the collected wastes.
What size vacuum hose for in-ground pools?
An pool vacuum hose's size should be long enough to touch your vacuum port or skimmer to the farthest corner of your pool, plus a tolerance for the depth at that point. You would not face any issues that way by dragging one end out of the skimmer port or by pulling or coiling with your pool vacuum or off of the vacuum head.
The distance to the vacuum port or the skimmer port must need to be determined, whether you have one to attach the vacuum hose to and from the farthest corner of the point.
All the units are perfect operate with your pool. You should be happy as long as you care about the length of the cord.
For the best overall robotic pool cleaner, we highly recommend our pick. The One-button Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner provides features of software-controlled cleaning functions. It has a cable of 50 feet and climbs very well on the walls.
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner is yet another fantastic alternative, and it is also a smaller version of our top choice with much of the same capabilities, also our pick for the best price.